Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pick up the Pace, Life is flying by

Yo, so check it out, dude. Obviously, I've been watching too much American Idol which is not as much fun this year. Is it me or them? Anyway, it's spring time, a perfect excuse to 'spring' into a new mind set and put aside the fuzzy blanket, the lazy afternoon spent snuggled on the couch watching old movies and get my butt in gear. My house needs attention, hell, my life needs attention, so I've decided to take some short cuts in life. Throw out all the old comfort attitudes and move into a new zone. I'm going to set new goals and drop old projects that have swamped me for the past few weeks and go on to something that grabs me and won't let go.
Before I throw away everything I want to give you a quick potluck cake recipe. I call it:
Bring Home Empty Pan Carrot Cake

1 box of Carrot Cake Box Mix
Add: 1 l5 oz can pumpkin
1/2 cup spiced rum
1/2 to 1 cup raisins your preference
Mix on medium for at 2 minutes. Pour into greased cake pan, bake at temperature recommended on box

Ice with 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 stick marg/butter and enough spiced rum to make icing spreadable. Delicious. My church family loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment